MusGo Rider seeks to provide safe and affordable rural transportation to our clients to ensure they have the means to get to where they need to go and help combat rural isolation for those without a means of transportation.
MusGo Rider is the way to go to medical appointments, work, training, errands, grocery shopping, anywhere you need or want to go within Halifax Regional Municipality. This is a pre-booked service, so please call at least the day before.
The goal of MusGo Rider is to provide a safe, affordable and dependable transportation solution to improve the quality of life of our residents while contributing to our vision of a “green” community.
MusGo Rider has been operating on the eastern shore of Nova Scotia since 2012 beginning with one vehicle. The service welcomed its first accessible vehicle in 2015 and added another car to the fleet.
We opened our first office to the public in May 2016 and we have undergone many changes since.
In 2018 we were able to purchase a permanent office where we rent other office space to organizations to create a community hub. Now accessible to all and looking to the future of community transportation, MusGo Rider is always seeking ways to better serve our community.
Lisa Privett, Chair
Sheila Spicer, Vice Chair
Colin Cameron, Director
Valarie Shannon, Director
Lynn Matheson, Director
Natalie Jennex, Director
Executive Director: Jessie Greenough, CPA, CMA
Head Driver: Brian Rowlings
Dispatcher: Patty Rupert
Driver: Rose Gault
Driver: Alan McGrath
Driver: Ronnie Murphy
Driver: Garth Brown
Driver: Donald Brooks
Wondering how you can get involved? There are a few ways you can be a part of team MusGo Rider.
Check them out here:
- Yearly membership is $5. This includes eligibility for election to the Board of Directors, as well as participation and voting rights in AGM (one vote per membership).
- Lifetime member to MusGo Rider is $20 and includes the opportunities above.
- Memberships for the year or lifetime memberships can be paid at the MusGoRider office at 325 Porters Lake Station Road or be sent via e transfer to [email protected]
- Interested in becoming a part-time driver? All applications can be sent to [email protected]
- Successful candidates will be required to provide drivers abstracts and a criminal records check.
If you are interested in volunteering with MusGo Rider you can help out by becoming a member and think about joining our board of directors or become a volunteer driver.
Interested in the board of directors? The board is volunteer-driven with 3 to 10 members able to take part including directors as well as a Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer driver you may submit a resume to [email protected]. Successful candidates will be required to provide drivers abstracts and a criminal records check.
We would like to thank our generous sponsors and supporters who help make everything that MusGo Rider does possible.